What is Dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning is an effective and safe exfoliation procedure. It uses a sterile surgical scalpel to shave the surface of the skin to remove excess dead skin and peach fuzz hairs. The tool is held and is brushed along the skin to remove the hair and skin cells. It is generally a standalone procedure, but it does create deeper product penetration boosting the products effects. The procedure makes skin look and feel smoother and will reduce the appearance of acne scars.
Time: 90 minutes
What are the Benefits of Dermaplaning?
- Provides deeper product penetration
- Removes soft facial hair that traps dirt and oils
- Promotes smoother skin
- Safe procedure for removing dead skin cells and “peachfuzz”
- Reduces the appearance of acne scars
- Diminishes the look of fine lines
- Works on all skin types
- Instant results and no downtime
What to Expect After the Procedure?
There is no need to worry about the hair on your face getting any darker. Since dermaplaning only targets the vellus hair (peachfuzz) the hair will grow back the same size and color. It is physiologically impossible for the hair to grow back thicker and dark, so no need to panic and worry.